Social Media Intern Position
Slow Food Madison, a local chapter of the international Slow Food organization, is seeking a social media specialist. This is a volunteer position.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure local events are posted to the Slow Food Madison (SFM) calendar, FB, & Twitter
- Support event producers with tech support on above channels, Eventbrite, etc.
- Work with other SFM volunteers & board members to make sure SFM & SFUW events are well publicized on Twitter, FB, email newsletter, and the SFM website.
- Work with Philip on the weekly and monthly email newsletters
- Be able to provide SFM Board with monthly numbers on things such as likes, shares, followers, retweets, friends
Community Engagement Online
- The ideal candidate will learn the culture, values, and priorities of Slow Food Madison and will eventually be able to engage the community (along with the leadership and volunteers) on behalf of the organization:
- Engage (RT, replies, etc) with local artisanal food producers on both FB and Twitter
- Cultivate good follow-lists and network connections with same
- Engage with followers of FB and Twitter (replies)
- Consult the board on ways to further utilize social media to engage with the greater Madison community and broadcast the SFM message
- Interact with members and community for sharing of event photographs, event idea capture, etc.
How Great It Will Be
The social media intern position will offer the ideal candidate real-world experience in the nuts-n-bolts administration of social media presence and strategy for a small-scale not-for-profit organization with global brand appeal, and local credibility.
Several members of the current leadership team have extensive experience with social media strategy and web/internet culture, and the candidate would be able to learn/work-with them.
Interns will participate in leadership team meetings as desired, can attend Slow Food Madison events, and will have ample opportunity to meet food-related luminaries like farmers, chefs, artisans in and around Madison.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.